[Travel] The Fantastic Family Vacation on Spring Season at Beijing, Hangzhou & Shanghai, China in April 2014! @Day 3

by - Friday, August 08, 2014




The third day, we were holiday at Beijing, China. I was wake up early in the morning for take early breakfast because we want to walk around hotel, since our tour guide told us that our hotel have beautiful garden with full of beautiful blossom flowers. That why, we want to take this chance to go there and take explore by our self, before start out tour on the second day. Hihihi~



Even cherry blossom season or know as Sakura season was ended during that period, but there still have a lot of variety flowers in the garden. That is so beautiful scene. 








On left our tour guide at Beijing (Ms Lily), tour leader (Mr Faiz) & my lovely Mama
Actually, I already saw the real Sakura flower during my vacation at Jeju Island on early year 2013; so I not feeling so regret when I can’t saw the Sakura flower at China in this year. I still can enjoy with other beautiful flowers around in China during this vacation.


On the way to go the Great Wall of China Beijing, we stop by at Jade Center as the compulsory place during our trip. We have to listen about the jade on the Jade Center even we have right to not buy anything at there. 


I don’t know that the level expensive of jade is almost same with gold; which is the most period time you keep or wear the jade is the higher level expensive of the jade – mostly same like gold’s theory. Most the original jade will have a little bit change of color and design when you wear it in long time. That make your jade become more expensive after date you purchased it.


Actually last 7 years ago, my aunty gives me a bracelet of the new green jade; and I keep wear it on my left hand because left hand is near on the heart location in the body. That was the reasons of good health based on Chinese believer. 

Then I show my jade to the professional jade at there, they ask me how long I wear this jade and I told them about almost 7 years I wear it. They said, this jade is the good jade and the price of my jade will become almost around RM 3000in this year based on the color and the design of my jade. 

The first time, I hear it. I not really believe it because it sound so crazy and the actual price that my aunty bought it before is around RM 150++ only. How it can be like that? Hahaha~ that was really good to make the investment.


Travel to one of the 7 wonders Great Wall of China Beijing which was first built in the Warring States period (475 – 221 BC). The Great Wall of China is a series of fortifications made of stone, brick, tamped earth, wood, and other materials, generally built along an east-to-west line across the historical northern borders of China in part to protect the Chinese Empire or its prototypical states against intrusions by various nomadic groups or military incursions by various warlike peoples or forces.


Several walls were being built as early as the 7th century BC, there, later joined together and made bigger and stronger, are now collectively referred to as the Great Wall. Especially famous is the wall built between 220 – 206 BC by the first Emperor of China, Qin Shi Huang.


Little of that wall remains. Since then, the Great Wall has on and off been rebuilt, maintained, and enhanced; the majority of the existing wall is from the Ming Dynasty.


Other purposes of the Great Wall have included border controls, allowing the imposition of duties on goods transported along the Silk Road, regulation or encouragement of trade and the control of immigration and emigration. 


Furthermore, the defensive characteristic of the Great Wall were enhanced by the construction of watch towers, troop barracks, garrison stations, signaling capabilities through the means of smoke or fire, and the fact that the path of the Great Wall also served as a transportation corridor.


The main Great Wall line stretches from Shanhaiguan in the east, to Lop Lake in the west, along an arc that roughly delineates the southern edge of Inner Mongolia. A comprehensive archaeological survey, using advanced technologies, has concluded that the Ming walls measure 8,850 km (5,500 mi). This is made up of 6,259 km (3,889 mi) sections of actual wall, 359 km (223 mi) of trenches and 2,232 km (1,387 mi) of natural defensive barriers such as hills and rivers. Another archaeological survey found that the entire wall with all of its branches measure out to be 21,196 km (13,171 mi).

When we walk around the Great Wall – I start wondering how they built this before. I am feeling so amazing!

We just walk until third pit stop because so tired and many people on that day – the road and stairs at Great Wall are quite dangerous too.


Our lunch on second day was near by Great Wall. After tired play around the Great Wall, we are so hungry. Hihihi~ this time, we can finish 3 big bowls of rice.




After lunch, we go to Baoshutang Scald Ointment Factory. This is one of the compulsory places during our trip. This factory sells the variety of Chinese medical. 




Not complete if going Beijing not visit Best Nest Olympic Stadium. Hihihi~


Then, we take the dinner before us watching Kung-Fu show on night. Even the journey is quite long from Baoshutang Scald Ointment Factory to Beijing City but we still feel full for eat dinner in short time, since we eat a lot during lunch time.


This show not includes on our schedule but majority want to watch it and we need to pay even I and my parents don’t wait it. I not remember how much the ticket price but I think it almost RM 150++ per person.

For me, this shows not really my type. It’s quite boring to me… what can I said, I more like to watch Korea concert. Totally can make me super enjoy. Hahaha~

After I was stay at Beijing in third day, I can see the different between China and Malaysia is the type of variety cars on the roads. There is having most expensive cars on the roads rather in Malaysia.  No more “ugly cars” on the roads. 

Our tour guide told us that standard people in China can buy car like “Honda City”, “Hyundai”, “Ford”, or “Audi”.  You can imagine how about rich people in China can buy car? I know you know the reasons why…

I was so surprised when our tour guide told us like that.. Even our tour guide have car Honda City and the price is around RM 42,000++ if to convert in Ringgit Malaysia. On that part, I feel a little bit jealous with them.

That why, you can see the link roads in China have minimum is 4 links for one way and it became 8 links for two ways. Everyday the traffic always jams during peak time, same like in Malaysia too.

<<<Stay tune of next stories>>>

Here, the link of others stories about my family vacation at China:

Day 1 & Day 2 ~ click here

Day 4 ~ click here

Day 5 ~ click here

Day 6 ~ click here

Day 7 ~ click here

Day 8 ~ click here


Enjoy your reading.. (^_^)

You May Also Like

0 comments