[Travel] Introducing My Unforgettable Travel to Korea’s Story, 2013

by - Saturday, September 21, 2013




In this year, I was travel to Korea for 2 times. First time, I travel to Korea and Jeju Island too – it’s around early of April, 2013; and second times, I only travel to Seoul – it’s around end of August, 2013.


I also can feel different type of seasons when go travel to Korea, for example are spring, winter and summer. Maybe some of you think “How can be winter season in early of April?” Let’s I tell the story of it…




First time travel to Korea, I using flight Korean Air for 2 ways return, from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to Incheon International Airport. Of course, I was feeling excited to go Korea in my first time especially when using flight Korean Air. Travels by flight to Incheon International Airport from Kuala Lumpur International Airport are around between 6 hours 35 minutes.


When, I take seating in Korean Air airplane, I was pretty shock because their stewardess or cabin crews are speaking within 3 languages – English, Korean and Malay. It’s because Korean Air was join venture with Malaysia Airlines and some of cabin crews in Korean Air are from Malaysia Airlines too. Their cabin crews are so nice and friendly.

Their also take attention with Muslim customers in airplane when their passing the meal to Muslim customers. Their separate the meal on broad (MOB) between halal meals and non-halal meals so for Muslim tourist, so you guys don't so worries about halal meals on broad by Korean Air, that flight from Malaysia to Incheon, Korea or Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Incheon, Korea. The services on board from Korean Air are same with Malaysian Airlines – what can I said is only two words “The Best.”

P/S: When booking flight Korean Air, Muslim tourist must click for halal meal on board before final step of booking flight.


The Jeju Island or known as Jeju-si is so beautiful island and natural place. It’s is located on the island’s north shore and is the island’s main tourist center.


The first place, I love to visit at Jeju Island is Seopjikoji is located at the end of the eastern shore of Jeju Island. “Seopji” is the old name for the area, and “Koji” is native Jeju dialect means “small gulf”.


This place is so famous filming location for the Korean drama “All In”. This place so beautiful and at the same times is so cold too because of the wind so strong on that day. This is a huge expanse of grassy field adjacent to the sea.



From the shore, I can enjoy a beautiful rocky coastline, and the strange stones that appear and disappear with the tide are a unique spectacle.


Then, the second place to visiting is Seongsan Ilchulbaong Peak (Sunrise Peak). Seongsan Ilchulbaong Peak (Sunrise Peak) is a land mass that was created about 100,000 years ago and it was above 182 meters above from the sea in a volcanic eruption.


At Seongsan Ilchulbaong Peak, there is a cliff by the seashore, where is not a single tree, only a large field of grass and on the seashore, there is a rock called “seondol” sticking out.


Actually, I want to climb until I saw inside of Seongsan Ilchulbaong Peak but the temperature on that day is so cold and I can’t handle well even though I already wear four layer clothes. I and my friends only take picture around area Seongsan Ilchulbaong Peak. This place is so beautiful and natural.


This tuff cone formed when an underwater volcano erupted in the middle of the ocean. Seongsan Ilchulbaong Peak (Sunrise Peak) was designed National Monument No.40 in 2000 and a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site in 2007.


Not so surprised, because Seongsan Ilchulbaong Peak (Sunrise Peak) is one of filming location of Korean drama “My name is Kim Sam-Soon”, when Huijin (Jeong Ryeo-Won) and Henry (Daniel Henney) went on a date.


The most history place at Jeju Island is Jeju Folk Village Museum. Its way of life is protected, as it has been designated a Folk Village because of the vast amount of cultural property here.



In Jeju Folk Village Museum, it’s telling us about the culture and history of Jejudo Island during the 1890s, has been recreated in this outdoor museum. 



Houses and architectures of mountain villages, fishing village, governmental offices, and such of Jejudo have been restored here.




This is where Janggeum, the main character of the popular Korean drama “Jewel in the Palace”, was exiled to.


We know at Seoul in early of April, 2013 is still cold so it’s not have blooming Sakura flower or know as Cherry blossom, because at Seoul is still too cold than Jeju Island – Sakura flower will blooming around temperature 13-15’C. But at Jeju Island, Sakaru still blooming and it’s not so many because it’s almost end of Sakura season at Jeju Island area. 


Our driver bus so kind, he takes us to the most beautiful place of Sakura flower at Jeju Island before our dinner. This is first times; I saw the real Sakura flower in my life. It’s so beautiful and Sakura flower is my favorite flower.


I was so happy after enjoy watching and take picture at Sakura flower’s place. One of my dreams is come true, after watch and feeling touch the real Sakura flower.


We take flight from Jeju International Airport to Gimpo Domestic Airport, we arrive safely and we straight go to eastern area are around area the provincial capital of Gangwon-do. We go to Chuncheon by bus from Seoul and its take 70 minutes to arrive there.


Chuncheon have so many places to visit, including the famous place of Namiseom Island or known as Naminara Republic. That why, we can saw our national flag (Malaysia flag) at Namiseom Island, together with South Korea’s national flag.


Actually, not only our national flag at Namiseom Island but many country national flag too have at Namiseom Island. I just got info from our tour guide that Korean people love Malaysia and they also learn about Malaysia cultural.


Their like us too – we learn their cultural and at the same time they also learn our cultural. If they're planning to go vacation, they will choose “Malaysia” as their destination.


 Actually, Namiseon Island is not actually the island at the ocean. It’s the island in the big lake at Chuncheon area.


Namiseon is where the mega hit Korean TV drama “Winter Sonata” was filmed. I can relive the memories of the drama by walking along the tree-lined path featured in the most memorable scene of the drama.



I also take lunch at restaurant that actor and actress drama of “Winter Sonata” take their lunch during filming Winter Sonata drama.




I also found MBC studio at Namiseom Island. Not too surprised, I meet band crew in ferry and he so handsome to me. This island not so big but many site locations filming Korea’s drama of “Winter Sonata” – its so suit to couple and new bird married couple to come at Namiseon Island. I can say that this place so romantic and I dream to come here with my husband in future. Hihihi



Among 3 – 5 place of site filming location of “winter sonata” drama at Namiseom Island, I can find it but the famous of rock icon actress and actor in “Winter Sonata” I can’t find it.


But I still feeling happy to visit this place and I love to come at Naminara Republic.


After visiting Namiseom Island or known as Naminara Republic, we visit the most famous place of the most beautiful mountains are Seoraksan National Park. 


Seoraksan (1,708 meters) is considered one of Korea’s most beautiful mountains, and it’s the third highest mountain in South Korea following Hallasan (1,950 meters) and Jirisan (1,915 meters).


The park is spread across four cities: Sokcho, Inje, Goseong and Yangyang and the highest peak is Daecheongbong.



As everyone known, winter season already end around early April but it’s still snow at Seoraksan National Park, because at highest place like mountain – the temperature is still cold. Our tour guide told us, normally at mountain area is not having four seasons but it’s only having two seasons, like winter and summer.



It’s my first time saw the real snow in my life, because in Malaysia, we can’t feel four seasons like in South Korea. I so happy on that day because I can feel two seasons on early of April, 2013 at two different place in South Korea. I'm so lucky.


Along at our restaurant, I so surprised when I saw the Running Man Restaurant that only opposite our restaurant.



We stay at Phoenix Park Hotel. This Phoenix Park Hotel and Resort is so famous for skiing and snowboarding at South Korea, but during our time their close for skiing and snowboarding even though it’s still snow but not for skiing and snowboarding.



You guys known that Phoenix Park Hotel and Resort is the hit Korean TV drama “Autumn in My Heart” was filmed? Yes, it’s is. There have the scene that make filmed at Phoenix Park Hotel and Resort. 

Here, the filming location of Korean drama "Autumn in My Heart":






Again, most the Korean TV drama filming location that I got chance to visit at South Korea during my vacation. 



That the story when I go South Korea for first time. I was so happy to make amazing vacation for my first time at South Korea. There is among my favorite places during my first time make amazing vacation at South Korea.


I never feel boring to travel to South Korea again and I got that chance. I was go to Seoul, Korea again in the year that around end of August, 2013 with my other friend. We are big fans of K-Pop, especially Big Bang.



This time, we go to Seoul, Korea for watching K-Pop Concert – that is G-Dragon 2013 1st World Tour [One of Kind] The Final Concert Live in Seoul.


This is my first time got chance to watch K-Pop concert at Seoul. I can feel different among the K-Pop fans culture between my places. Their also got many place to take picture at outside stadium and also got a lot of concert merchandises.






Unbelievable!! I got chance to meet other international fans of K-Pop during the concert day and I also lucky when meet YG bands of the concert again, and YG trainee as known as YG Winner (Team A & Team B) during the is G-Dragon 2013 1st World Tour [One of Kind] The Final Concert Live in Seoul.




The most place that I want to visit if i go Seoul, Korea again is YG Entertainment Building. As K-Pop fans, we love to visit our K-Pop favorite artist workplace. Hihihi 



Last but not least, I go among the famous place of K-Pop at Seoul, Korea. I thinks among K-Pop place this place is so famous – Myeongdong. 



I know, this place is so famous with K-Pop stuffs and its great place to find want the K-Pop’s merchandises. At the same time, it’s the great place to find the famous of Korean product of skin care. 


We know Korea so famous with beautiful and handsome people that really care their skin – that why their skin so beautiful.



I visit the most place that I love to shopping are BSX (G-Dragon’s fashion style) and Spao (SM Entertainments merchandise).


After tired during shopping time at Myeongdong, we visit Kona Beans as known as own by mothers of Super Junior’s Lee Teuk, Sungmin and Kyunhyun. We also visit Twosome+ Coffee that own by Teddy YG Entertainment.



I only got chance to visit this two café shops along during my vacation to Seoul, Korea. I wish to go South Korea again, and I want to visit more K-Pop shops. 


At the same time, I love to learn Korean culture, even though I go South Korea for vacation but at the same time I was learn the new things. I LOVE it so much!!!

Actually, I join the blog contest under Korean Air and the Korea Tourism Organization is Asian On-Air Program.

Here the link of facebook the blog contest - Asian On-Air Program: https://www.facebook.com/events/565967620119680/568071706575938/?notif_t=like

You May Also Like

0 comments